Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Pond

Hello!

We have a small pond in our yard. It is home to 5 fish- goldfish and coy, and also to water bugs, dragonflies, frogs and toads, etc. My dad is going to work on enlarging it this summer, but here are pictures from last year. At one point, we had 3 frogs all at once! That is very exciting for the area where we live. :)


Here is the frog sunning on his favorite rock. It is partly in the sun and still in the water. This way, the frog can stay warm and cool all at once!



This is our friend, the toad. I didn't know that toads would actually go into water, but I guess they will!

And just some pretty Water Lillies.

Oh- and a Swamp Milkweed growing by the pond. I liked how I got the angle of the pond behind the milkweed. The milkweed found this spot of the yard all on its own and really thrived!







Well... that's it for now. I can't wait until the weather is nice enough for the flowers to pop up again for this year. We haven't had much snow, so hopefully our summer won't be too dry. The flowers and nature are my favorite parts of summer! I can't wait!

Until later,


Peace,
Katy


1 comment:

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Have a lovely day. :)