Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mandala Prayer Flags

Good Day to everyone!
It is quite nice here in little old Iowa, USA. It is only March, yet the weather is gorgeous. Usually there is still snow by now, but this winter has been really warm. Oh well. I enjoyed it. :)


I started working on a new crochet project. I wanted something quick and easy, but something more exciting than my usual double coasters or dishcloths. I recently found Alice's blog and found her prayer flag pattern. I liked it and thought it would be fun to add to my decorations in my college apartment. The plain white walls can always use some spiffing up. :)


So here is what I have so far...


So I was following Alice's Magic Ring Tutorial and got carried away following the wrong pattern! This was the first time I had tried to make a Magic Ring, and I got really absorbed in it. Oh well, good practice. Alice's tutorial is connected to pattern for a Grandala Square. I made it this far, and then realized I was on the wrong pattern! I didn't know how much of it would be the same, so I started over with my prayer flags. They look pretty cool though!


This is the first Mandala Prayer Flag that I made! Parts of it are a little messy, due to the yarn splitting on me. However, I think it is rather charming for being the first one I made- with a successful Magic Ring, too!! :)

The second one I made turned out a bit bigger. Oh, well. They will be hanging on my wall soon anyway.


I love the pretty pattern!





I'll add in more photos, once I have all 5 flags done... and my lovely homework.. :)


Until later, 


Peace,
Katy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Have a lovely day. :)