Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spring Flowers!

Ahhh! The sweet flowers of springtime! Hooray!


Plus, to add to the wonderfulness of spring, my exams are done and I am not into my May Term (one 3 hr class for 3 weeks). It is a complicated class, but it should be ok since it is the only class I have at the moment. :) 


Babies, Babies, Babies!!!


Wow. I know tons of people who have had babies lately. I better get busy crocheting some gifts! 
- my minister
- my neighbor
- my other neighbor
- my cousin


The good news is that I have some free time now. Not much- but some. More than within the past few months. I hope to be able to crochet a little bit now. I have some blankets I want to start, but I like to make little projects so that I can actually complete them and feel like I am making progress. :D 




Anyway, here are some pictures of daisies and other flowers that are starting to bloom around my backyard. :D



 Daisies!


Common Milkweed is starting to come up in my Monarch Waystation.


A Smiling Daisy!!





Cleo chewing her rawhide. She loves to run around the yard with it. She will throw it up in the air and then wait for someone to chase her. It is quite entertaining. :)



Cleo trying to get through the trellis part of our fence. She doesn't like it when I go to the other side of the fence to take pictures of the flowers. She likes to come with me, but then she sometimes runs over to play with the neighbor dog (a great dane). So when she has to stay in the yard, she tries to get as close to me as possible and barks and whines. This is what she was doing in the above picture while I was taking photos of flowers. 

A pair of Mallard Ducks came to visit our little, tiny pond the other day. The mom hopped up to rest on the rocks to the right, but didn't leave very much room for the dad to hop up. He tried, but fell back into the water. Then he went over to the left, but the rocks are up higher, so he couldn't jump up that high. After that, he spent a few minutes flapping around in the water and then was finally able to find a spot on the rocks by the mom where they both rested for a while before leaving. 


Well, that is about all right now. I will try to get some crochet done and keep you updated on that! :)


Thanks for visiting!
As Always,


Peace


~Katy

4 comments:

  1. Hey Katy, nice to see what's blooming in your garden at the moment......
    It's Autumn here, the garden is slowing down but the Autumn colour is stunning

    Sounds like you are going to be busy crocheting gifts for bubs.....

    Belated birthday wishes to you as well. Love the books you were given and I love that someone your age is into crochet........nothing Nana about it at all you go for it.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely photo's..such pretty daisies! My daisies hopefully should be blooming soon..they have been growing like crazy with all the rain we have been having here in England.

    Awe...Cleo is such a cutie!

    I hope your exams went well :) Happy Crocheting..I really must learn how to do it (it looks like a lot of fun).

    Have a nice day today..
    Magie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been cold here so things seem to be lagging behind a bit. We had a mallard in our garden the other morning ...poor thing looked a bit lost.
    Love the pic of Cleo...such a pretty girl.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy,
    Nice to meet you. I love the pictures of those daisies. Pretty!
    And how exciting it is to crochet presents for babies. I made some blankets, hats, and booties for my friends' little angels. It's nice to know that those goodies will keeps someone little and precious warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Have a lovely day. :)